Being a mom can be tough. Some call it the toughest job around. But taking care of babies is just one part of the challenge. The other part is trying to avoid being a stereotypical mom and standing out in the crowd. Women want to be more than just a parent. They want to be an individual.
The following are 7 ways you can really become your own person that will impress others.
- Dress to impress. This doesn’t mean you have to wear designer clothes while hanging around the house changing diapers. But when going out, wear something with a style that fits your personality. Don’t be afraid to stray a little out of your comfort zone. And you don’t have to spend a fortune on your wardrobe. You can buy very fashionable clothes that are affordable if you know where to look. For example, you can find great deals at Saks Fifth Avenue with coupons and promo codes.
- Be outgoing. For many moms, especially new ones, meeting new people can be difficult. The key is to be outgoing. While this is easier said than done, being outgoing simply means to talk to new people. Find other moms to have conversations with (you do have something in common, after all). Don’t just stay home every day.
- Have a hobby you’re passionate about. Having something to do that you love, other than being a mom, will open up new possibilities for you. For example, certain hobbies are very sociable and have close-knit communities. This will help you expand your horizons beyond just being a mom.
- Be confident. Having confidence in yourself means you’re not afraid to be the center of attention. You can talk about any subjects, even ones you don’t know anything about because you know the right questions to ask. People are drawn to you because you can make the best of any social situation.
- Read books about interesting topics. Being well-read will help you be more confident when out and about town. Reading will also expand your horizons beyond the world of parenting. You can easily find a new passion while reading. Think about joining a book club. Most meet in the evening, giving you much-needed relief from your parenting duties.
- Travel. Yes, traveling with kids can be a challenge. But there’s no substitute for getting out and seeing the world. Traveling will also help you meet new people, have new experiences and give you an education you can’t get anywhere else. Traveling doesn’t have to be expensive, great travel deals are all over the internet.
- Be strong with your opinions. This means not to compromise what you believe just to please others and avoid conflict. Your own opinions about the world around you make you unique, so embrace them. But this doesn’t mean you can’t be open to new ideas. Listen to what others’ opinions and try to see things from their point-of-view. And always remember to be respectful.
Standing out as a mom doesn’t have to be hard, or even that expensive. Keep an open mind and be proud of who you are. Everything else will follow.