Its obviously no secret that I am a super busy mom. I am busy so much that I don’t often get to cook a hot meal for my family. Recently I was invited to try Bertolli Meal Soups, which are purchased frozen but take only 5 minutes to cook on the stovetop. All you add is one cup of water. Sounds simple enough. The plan was to make my husband and I a nice hot meal and enjoy it before evening activities.
I just openend the bag
and in 5 minutes I had set a beautiful rustic place setting with our bowls and garnished the soup with toast.
…and then my husband and son proceeded to eat both bowls in lighting fast speed. So much for a special dinner for me and hubs! But I do appreciate the fact that in 5 minutes I was able to easily make a nice hot delicious meal, something I can’t do from scratch in that time as I usually do being that I am a culinary student who will be a chef soon! So even though the challenge was sort of successful I hope I at least get to taste it next time. Or plan to feed the hungry teenager before he eats my entire bowl while I am cleaning up! And the fact that my guys loved the flavor I am pretty convinced that it tasted good!
About Bertolli Meal Soups:
• Bertolli Frozen Meal Soups are hearty and fresh-tasting with vegetables, meats, pasta and herbs individually flash frozen at the peak of freshness.
• Bertolli Frozen Meal Soups are available in the frozen aisle, and can be prepared on your stovetop in minutes.
• With robust flavors and rich textures, new Bertolli Frozen Meal Soups are available in four varieties: Chicken Minestrone, Roasted Chicken & Rotini Pasta, Tomato Florentine & Tortellini with Chicken, and Tuscan-Style Beef with Vegetables.
• Bertolli Premium Meal Soups for Two are available in 24 oz. packages, and with the addition of one cup of water, yield 32 oz. of mouthwatering soup. The new line of hearty, fresh-tasting meal soups are available in the frozen aisle of grocery retailers nationwide, including Walmart and Target, in four varieties reminiscent of flavors created by Italian Chefs:
• Chicken Minestrone – Roasted white meat chicken, beans, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, tomatoes and pasta in a hearty vegetable broth
• Roasted Chicken & Rotini Pasta – Roasted white meat chicken, pasta, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots and celery in a savory chicken broth
• Tomato Florentine & Tortellini with Chicken – Cheese-filled tortellini, white meat chicken, spinach and tomatoes in a rich tomato bisque with a hint of basil
• Tuscan-Style Beef with Vegetables – Tender beef, mushrooms, yellow squash, zucchini, carrots and celery with bowtie pasta in a savory broth
With a brand heritage dating back 150 years to Lucca, Italy, Bertolli celebrates the authentic restaurant-quality Italian dining experience. Through their variety of pasta sauces, frozen meals and olive oils, Bertolli brings flavors reminiscent of kitchens of notable Italian chefs.
I was compensated by Bertolli to participate in the Weeknight Meal Special Challenge.