Banana Split Cake
From now until April 22nd, Del Monte is sponsoring a recipe contest called Crown the Cook on Facebook and the prizes are amazing..
If your recipe is selected as one of the top three finalists, not only will you win a year’s supply of Del Monte® products*, but Del Monte will send you and a guest on a four day trip to San Francisco to compete in a cook-off against two other fans!
The grand prize winner will take home the title of Del Monte Cook-Off Champion, as well as thousands of dollars worth of professional cookware! All you have to do is use at least one Del Monte canned product in your recipe. I know everyone here has a recipe using canned tomatoes or some sort of canned fruit so grab those recipes and enter!
Easy Steps to Enter:
- Visit the Del Monte Facebook page
- Click on the “Like” button to like the page and access the “Crown the Cook” recipe contest application
- Click “Submit Recipe”
- Complete the registration form
- Upload your recipe photo and enter your recipe
- Click “Submit”
I entered of course, I tweaked my mom’s recipe for Banana Split “Cake”, which has no cake but many layers of deliciousness! I will share this recipe with you as well
Banana Split “Cake”
1st layer -
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp sugar
1 stick butter, melted
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz. cool whip
3rd layer -
Soak banana slices in Del Monte canned pineapple slices juice and place close together on 2nd layer, then top with 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, cut in half and 1/2 cup chopped nuts
4th layer – add pineapple (I put my pineapple rings in my food processor to crush them)
5th layer – spread with 8 oz.cool whip
6th layer – Top with cherries, drizzle with chocolate syrup
Refrigerate 5 hours before serving. yes it is as good and rich as it looks!! YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!
To help you get inspired to upload your masterpiece Del Monte wants one of my lucky readers to have a Crown the Cook basket including the following items:
- (9) Del Monte® product cans
- 3 cans of fruit
- 3 cans of vegetables
- 3 cans of tomatoes
- (1) Del Monte apron
- (1) Del Monte set of measuring spoons
- (1) Del Monte “My Plate” melamine plate
- (2) Del Monte stress-relieving toys
- (1) $20 Visa® gift card to use towards ingredients
To Enter, leave me a comment below telling me what recipe you might like to enter at the Crown The Cook contest on FB
Extra entries: Do any of these for an extra entry:
- Like Serendipity Mommy on Facebook
- leave a RELEVANT comment on any non giveaway post
- Follow me on Twitter
- Follow Del Monte on Twitter
- Like Del Monte on Facebook
- Tweet this giveaway twice a day
Win a $20 VISA and Crown The Cook Gift Basket from Del Monte Foods and Serendipity Mommy! http://serendipitymommy.com/?p=10406 Ends April 19th
- Subscribe to my blog for FIVE entries!
This contest is open to residents of the United States, and ends April 19th!
Disclosure: Products Provided to facilitate review and recipe, all opinions are my own!