Weekends are supposed to be relaxing. It’s when you can recharge for the hustle of the coming five days. And, honestly, we all deserve a few hours of doing nothing in our lives.
But even the laziest weekends require you to get out of bed and into the kitchen! You still need food.
Now, you might think about ordering takeout, but wait! Don’t upset your wallet and stomach!
We have a few recipes you can cook in less than an hour. And guess what? They’re all lip-smacking good.
So, put on your aprons, pull out your spatulas, and get ready for some easy weekend cooking.
One-Pan Baked Garlic Chicken and Vegetables
Imagine juicy chicken soaking up the tangy goodness of lemon and garlic, served with roasted veggies in a single pan. It’s magical – minimal effort, maximum flavor!
Plus, the ingredient list is short and simple. There’s nothing that you don’t already have in your pantry.
And the best part? You won’t have to spend the next morning scrubbing a bunch of pots.
Here’s a recipe you can try:
- Crank the heat in the oven to 400°F.
- Place chicken and chopped vegetables on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, squeeze fresh lemon juice over everything, and sprinkle minced garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, and dried herbs.
- Toss everything to coat evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken and vegetables are tender.
You can serve baked garlic chicken on its own or pair it with crusty bread, sauteed green beans, or parmesan-roasted potatoes. Yum!
Next, we have a vibrant dish that’s oozing with flavor and comfort. This recipe is air fryer-friendly, so you don’t have to monitor the stovetop for hours.
Plus, making these stuffed peppers in air fryer means you’ll get that perfect combination of crispy edges and tender goodness. That, too, in a fraction of the time
Try the recipe below:
- Prepare your peppers by slicing a bit from the bottom and a little off the top. Also, scoop the seeds out.
- Cook your peppers for five minutes in a preheated air fryer (380°F).
- Simultaneously, sauté onions and peppers with beef and garlic. Do it until they brown nicely. Season them with Italian seasoning at this point.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and rice. Let cool slightly, then fold in 1 cup of cheese.
- Spoon 1 cup of filling into each pepper, and top with a tablespoon of cheese.
- Air fry at 380°F until the cheese melts and browns. Two minutes should be good.
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Juicy shrimp, colorful bell peppers, and mild onions – all roasted to perfection to soak up the flavors and become beautifully charred. You can serve these mouthwatering fajitas with warm corn tortillas, Mexican rice, or guacamole.
What you’ll love the most about the recipe is how easy and quick it is. It takes only 15 minutes!
Follow the recipe below for a delicious bite:
- Evenly spread sliced bell peppers, shrimp, and onion on a baking sheet.
- Coat them with olive oil, sprinkle some fajita seasoning, and pop them in the oven (preheated to 400°F).
- Bake them for 12-15 minutes or until your shrimp gets cooked.
- Warm some tortillas, fill the shrimp and veggies inside, top them with your choice of topping, and serve!
Pasta Aglio e Olio with Cherry Tomatoes
Everyone loves pasta. No matter how you serve it, it gets gobbled up pretty fast.
Pasta Aglio e Olio is the simplest pasta recipe out there. It uses six simple ingredients and gets ready in less than half an hour. Save it for the days when you have zero energy!
If you’re looking for ways to turn this into a full-blown meal, chop some sausages in it or serve with chicken strips.
Here’s the recipe:
- Cook the pasta of your choice as per the package instructions.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil until fragrant and golden. Add red pepper flakes if you like it spicy.
- Throw in some whole cherry tomatoes and cook until they soften.
- Toss cooked pasta into the pan, mix well, and garnish with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese.
You can tweak the recipe according to your tastebuds.
Quick Chicken Stir-Fry
When it comes to a fast, fuss-free dinner, nothing beats a chicken stir-fry. It’s a winner in terms of flavor, versatility, and sheer speed of preparation. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover veggies you have in your fridge.
Pair it with steamed rice or noodles, and you have a complete meal ready in less than 30 minutes. Now, who doesn’t love that?
Here is a straightforward recipe for a fantastic Chicken Stir-Fry:
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips and set them aside.
- Heat some oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry until it’s cooked through and golden. Remove it from the pan.
- In the same pan, stir-fry your choice of veggies (like bell peppers, carrots, broccoli) until tender.
- Add minced garlic and stir for a minute or so.
- Return the chicken to the wok, add your favorite stir-fry sauce, and combine everything.
Serve your chicken stir-fry hot with steamed jasmine rice or noodles.
Easy Mushroom and Spinach Quiche
There’s something extremely comforting about a warm, savory quiche on a lazy weekend evening. This Mushroom and Spinach Quiche recipe hits the right spot with its light, flaky crust and rich, velvety filling. It’s easy to make and perfect for those days when you want something satisfying but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
Here is a simple recipe for you to follow:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Roll out a ready-made pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish and set it aside.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté finely chopped onions until they’re soft.
- Throw in some sliced mushrooms and cook until they turn brown.
- Next, add a handful of spinach and cook until it wilts. Season to taste.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and a cup of shredded cheese of your choice.
- Spread the mushroom and spinach mixture evenly over the pie crust. Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until the quiche is set in the middle and the crust is golden brown.
Serve your Mushroom and Spinach Quiche hot out of the oven with a simple side salad. It’s a delightfully light yet fulfilling dinner option.
Delicious Weekend Dinner at Home
Enjoy a comforting bite at home with your family with these delicious and simple recipes. Almost all of these include ingredients that are easily available in nearby grocery stores, so you won’t have to go the extra mile for them.
Whether you’re a seasoned cook or just starting, these recipes are guaranteed to be a hit with everyone. They also make for great leftovers that can be enjoyed the next day.