Stress has become a global epidemic affecting people of all ages, especially millennials and gen-z, who experience the pressures of modern life. There are several psychosomatic symptoms that can show up in your daily lives that hinder your happiness and over-satisfaction from work. If you’ve been experiencing irritability, fatigue, and difficulty concentrating, it could quickly lead to a decrease in quality of life.
Looking for outlets and inexpensive healing methods? We’ve got it covered!
Fortunately, there are several natural remedies known to humanity that can help you find quick stress relief on a busy day. Herbs are some of the biggest gifts to us, and we’ll show you why. In this blog, let’s discuss five herbs that can help you reduce stress quickly while managing the symptoms..
- Chamomile: One of the most magical herbs that have been used for centuries to reduce stress and promote relaxation is chamomile. Rich in flavonoids called apigenin, it can bind with specific receptors in your brain to diminish and induce sleep. If you’re an insomniac due to stress, chamomile tea is a great way to rediscover your sweet slumber. Sipping on a cup of chamomile tea during a busy day will help you feel more relaxed and centered.
- Lavender: Lavender is another herb known for its calming properties. A miracle worker in its league, lavender tea and essential oil are favorites among our elders to combat depression and anxiety. The scent of lavender can help in inducing a sense of calm, which can break anxious patterns, especially if you are prone to nightmares. Use lavender essential oil in a diffuser or apply it to your skin for a quick stress-relieving massage.
- Cannabidiol: Cannabidiol is one of the most researched and controversial herbs, but the elders have used it extensively in every civilization. Form mood regulation to the reduction of muscular spasms arising out of stress, the powerful healer can singlehandedly handle many mental health disorders. CBD can be consumed in various forms, such as oil drops, capsules, or edibles. Incorporating onlygas cannabis into your daily routine can help you manage stress and promote relaxation.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is revered as a medicinal plant used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine for centuries. It aids the body to regulate cortisol levels, which is known as the stress hormone. Ashwagandha can be taken in supplement form or added to smoothies or other foods, which also provides an immunity boost!
- Holy basil: Holy basil, also known as Tulsi, is a herb commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine to reduce stress and promote relaxation. The anti-inflammatory properties can help you regulate stress responses, especially if they lead to headaches. You can use fresh holy basil leaves in your tea or use dried leaves in cooking.
While stress is something everyone is dealing with, it’s not something one should get used to. Choosing organic techniques that our ancestors swore by, such as incorporating herbs into your daily routine, can be a powerful method to combat stress from the root. The above-mentioned herbs are the stepping stones of Ayurveda and several traditional medicinal practices. Remember to consult with a healthcare professional before adding any new herbs or supplements to your routine, especially if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any medical conditions.