Co-ordinate geometry is that portion of Mathematics that has wide-scale applications in daily life. It has been observed that it is being used extensively in many fundamental problems of Mathematics. It is one topic that cannot be ignored in any stream of Mathematics. It is very important for every student who is pursuing a career in engineering to know about the basics of coordinate geometry. If one is not well-acquainted with the basics of this crucial chapter of Mathematics then it could lead that student into a very problematic situation. Coordinate geometry can only be mastered through rigorous practice and dedication. Many students have performed exceptionally well in this portion with the help of their perseverance. All one needs to do is to practice the complex problems well and memorize the important formulations by heart. Some of those important formulas include the distance formula, the midpoint formula, the section formula, the formula of centroid, and many other such formulas. All these formulas have many problems related to them. It is crucial to practice those problems to develop a firm grip over the subject.
It is critical to know how to deal with all these problems to score well in the examination. This is because this topic is very important from the examination perspective. Students pay attention to this topic so that they can solve all the complex problems. One should follow a logical approach to cover all the problems of coordinate geometry. Certain conventions must be kept in mind to excel in this particular topic. This article discusses all the important formulas and the tricks one needs to focus upon to do well in coordinate geometry.
- Mid-point formula: This formula is used to determine the mid-point between two points. This can be done by finding the sum of the respective x and y coordinates of the two respective points and then dividing the result of both coordinates by two. This formula is used as a solution to many complicated problems in coordinate geometry. This is the reason why students practice this formula well. It is very easy to memorize this formula. One needs to practice a lot of problems with this formula.
- Distance formula: This formula is used to deduce the distance between two points. One needs to find the difference between the coordinates of the x-axis and the coordinates of the y-axis of the two respective points between which the distance needs to be calculated. Then one needs to find the square root of the summation of the squares of these differences. This determines the exact value of the distance between the two points. It is very important to practice problems on this topic.
- Section formula: This formula is used to determine the point of intersection between a line formed by joining two points and another line that divides them into a specific ratio. This formula uses that ratio to find the point of intersection between those lines.
- Centroid: This is a special point of a triangle. It is located by finding the summation of the three coordinates and then dividing the obtained value by three. This point is used to solve many complex problems. This states the importance of co-ordinate geometry.
- Conventions: It is important to know the fact that the points on a graph can be located by viewing the values on the two axes respectively. The value of x co-ordinate is also known as abscissa and the value of the y coordinate is known as ordinate. These values are used to solve all problems in coordinate geometry.
This article is an attempt to cover all the important terminologies related to coordinate geometry. One can obtain this crucial information by taking the help of a renowned website. Students can take the help of Cuemath. It is an excellent online platform designed to solve the doubts of students on Mathematics and coding. It is being used by many students to solve their complex doubts. This article will surely play an instrumental role in educating the readers about the fundamentals of coordinate geometry.